Document Type : Review Article
1 Associate Professor of Cardiac Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
2 Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology fellowship , Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Introduction: Concerning the use of remifentanil and dexamethasone drugs each alone in creating painless childbirth, and also in the process of facilitating childbirth to increase the pain as much as possible and minimize the complications and possibly help the progress of labor, we decided that the effect of dexamethasone in combination to investigate with remifentanil in the control of labor pain in this systematic review.
Methodology: In this review article, the keywords that were selected based on MeSh and searched based on them included Remifentanil, labor, pain, Dexamethasone, combination, acceptability, effectiveness, vaginal delivery, VAS, headache, surgical delivery, hemodynamically stable, and hemodynamically.
Results: The average pain intensity in the treatment groups was measured and evaluated on four occasions 30, 60, 120, and 180 minutes after the intervention. The results showed that the average numerical scale of pain intensity measurement based on VAS in the group receiving remifentanil and dexamethasone 30 minutes after the start of the intervention was equal to 6.06 and the average of the same scores in the group receiving remifentanil at the same time was 6.83.
Conclusion: The simultaneous use of remifentanil and dexamethasone is recommended in comparison to the use of remifentanil because it is safe for both mother and child and causes more favorable analgesia and fewer complications during childbirth.
- M. Haghdoost, M.K. Gol. The Necessity of Paying More Attention to the Neurological and Psychological Problems Caused by COVID-19 Pandemic During Pregnancy. International Journal of Women’s Health and Reproduction Sciences., 8(3) (2020) 243-44.
- K. Gol, F. Jabarzade, V. Zamanzadeh. Cultural competence among senior nursing students of medical universities in north-west Iran., 15 (8) (2017) 612-619.
- K. Gol, A. Davoud. Checklist for Determining Severity of Pain and Type and Dosage of Analgesics Administered to Women s Patient Undergoing Breast Surgeries. International Journal of Women’s Health and Reproduction Sciences., 8(2) (2020) 227-31.
- K. Gol, N. Mobaraki-Asl, Z. Ghavami, M. Zharfi, A. Mehdinavaz Aghdam. Sexual violence against mastectomy women improved from breast cancer. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility., 22 (5) (2019) 52-60.
- H. Abdollahi, K. Foruzan-Nia, M. Behjati, B. Bagheri, M. Khanbabayi-Gol, et al. The effect of preoperative intravenous paracetamol administration on postoperative fever in pediatrics cardiac surgery. Nigerian medical journal: journal of the Nigeria Medical Association., 55 (5) (2014) 379.
- Nazari, L. Amani, L. Ghaderi, M.K. Gol. Effects of probiotics on prevalence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in multitrauma patients hospitalized in neurosurgical intensive care unit: a randomized clinical trial. Trauma Monthly.;25(6) (2020) 262-268.
- Eghdam-Zamiri, M.K. Gol. Effects of ginger capsule on treatment of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cisplatin undergoing mastectomy: a randomized clinical trial. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility., 22(11) (2020) 15-21.
- Pourfathi, S. Atashkhoei, B. Naghipour, R.H. Amini, L. Kafshdooz. The Effect of Intraoperative Oxytocin Infusion on Irrigation Fluid Absorption During Hysteroscopic Myomectomy: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Trial. International Journal of Women's Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 10(3) (2022) 148-155.
- Naghipour, M. Bagerpour, K. Shadvar, S.E.J. Golzari, G. Faridaalaee. Effect of hyperglycemia treatment on complications rate after pediatric cardiac surgery. Journal of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Research.; 14(1) (2022) 18-22.
- Sayyah-Melli, M. Kazemi-Shishavan, N. Behravan, P.M. Gharabaghi, V. Rahmani. Evacuating Uterine Contents before Operative Hysteroscopy in Patients With Active Uterine Bleeding: A Randomized Clinical Trial. International Journal of Women's Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 10(1) (2022) 57-62.
- Sayyah-Melli, M. Mobasseri, P.M. Gharabaghi, E. Ouladsahebmadarek, V. Rahmani. Comparing the effect of aromatase inhibitor (letrozole) cabergoline (Dostinex) and letrozole alone on uterine myoma regression,a randomized clinical trial. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology.; 210 (2017) 257-264.
- Sayyah-Melli, S. Bidadi, S. Taghavi, M. Ghojazadeh, V. Rahmani. Comparative study of vaginal danazol vs diphereline (a synthetic GnRH agonist) in the control of bleeding during hysteroscopic myomectomy in women with abnormal uterine bleeding: A randomized controlled clinical trial. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology.; 196 (2016) 48-51
- Nurmeksela, et al., Relationships between nursing management, nurses’ job satisfaction, patient satisfaction, and medication errors at the unit Level: A correlational study. Research Square; 1 (1) (2020) 1-22.
- A.R. Ghahroudi, A.R. Rokn, A.R. Shamshiri, N. Samiei, Does timing of implant placement affect esthetic results in single-tooth implants? A cohort evaluation based on Mpes, Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, 32(7) (2020) 715-725
- R. Hosseini Khalili, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme genotype and late respiratory complications of mustard gas exposure. BMC Pulm Med.; 8(1) (2008) 15.
- Shakiba, et al., Medical Workplace Civility Watch: An Attempt to Improve the Medical Training Culture, Journal of Iranian Medical Council, 5(1) (2022) 227-228
- H. Birman, Investigation of the Effects of Covid-19 on Different Organs of the Body, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2 (1) (2023) 24-36
- Esmaeilzadeh, M. Kashian, HM. Salman, MF. Alsaffar, et al., Identify Biomarkers and Design Effective Multi-Target Drugs in Ovarian Cancer: Hit Network-Target Sets Model Optimizing, Biology, 11 (12) (2022) 1851
- Esmaeilzadeh, S. Rasoolzadegan, AR. Arabi, et al., Cytotoxic study of green synthesized pure and Ag-doped α-Fe2O3 nanoparticles on breast cancer (MCF-7) cell line, Nanomedicine Research Journal, (2022) 370-377
- Esmaeilzadeh, M. Ghenaat, P. Sanani, et al., Study of Silybinin Plant Effective Substance for use in targeted liposomal nanoparticles in the treatment of liver cancer, Archives of Pharmacy Practice, 11 (1) (2020) 35
- Karimzadeh, et al., Comparative evaluation of bacterial colonization on removable dental prostheses in patients with COVID-19: A clinical study, The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, (2021) 1-3
- Najafi, et al., The Relationship between General Health and Quality of Work Life of Nurses Working in Zahedan Teaching Hospitals. Iranian J of Rehabilitation Research in Nursing; 4 (2) (2018) 53-9.
- Daneste, A. Sadeghzadeh, M. Mokhtari, H Mohammadkhani, F. Lavaee, J. Moayedi, Immunoexpression of p53 mutant-type in Iranian patients with primary and recurrence oral squamous cell carcinoma. European Journal of Translational Myology, (2022)
- Kalantari, et al., Determination of COVID-19 prevalence with regards to age range of patients referring to the hospitals located in western Tehran, Iran. Gene reports., 21 (2020) 100910.
- P. Montani, V.B. Vliet. General physiology and pathophysiology of the renin-angiotensin system. Angiotensin Vol. I: Springer., (2004) 3-29.
- Aminzadeh, et al., The Frequency of Medication Errors and Factors Influencing the Lack of Reporting Medication Errors in Nursing at Teaching Hospital of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, 2012. J of Health., 6(2) (2015) 169-79.
- Barzideh, A. Choobineh, Tabatabaei S. Job stress dimensions and their relationship to general health status in nurses. Occupational Medicine., 4(3) (2012) 17-27.
- Mileski, et al., The impact of nurse practitioners on hospitalizations and discharges from long-term nursing facilities: a systematic review. Healthcare; 8(2) (2020) 114-34.
- G.S. Borba, et al. Effect of high vs low doses of chloroquine diphosphate as adjunctive therapy for patients hospitalized with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA network open.; 3(4) (2020) e208857-e.
- J. Gadlage, et al., Murine hepatitis virus nonstructural protein 4 regulates virus-induced membrane modifications and replication complex function. J Virol., 84(1) (2010) 280-90.
- Alrabadi, et al. Medication errors: a focus on nursing practice. J of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research., 12(1) (2021) 78-86.
- Asadi, et al., Investigating the Relationship Between Corona Anxiety and Nursing Care Behaviors Working in Coronary Referral Hospitals. IJPCP; 26(3) (2020) 306-19.
- Zaimzadeh, et al., Comparison of vitamin D dietary intake among four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome and its association with serum androgenic components, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25(2) (2018) 87-96
- Zaimzadeh, et al., The study of dietary intake of micronutrients in four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome separately based on Rotterdam criteria, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25(3) (2018) 59-68
- Azizi Aram, S. Bashar poor, The role of rumination, emotion regulation and responsiveness to stress in predicting of Corona anxiety (COVID-19) among nurses. Quarterly J of Nursing Management; 9(3) (2020) 8-18.
- Mahmoodi, et al., General health and related factors in employed nurses in Medical-Educational Centers in Rasht. JHNM., 25(1) (2015) 63-72.
- Musaei, The Effect of Pregnancy on the Skin, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2(1) (2023) 17-23
- H. Salehi, K. As'adi, S.J. Mousavi, S. Shoar, Evaluation of Amniotic Membrane Effectiveness in Skin Graft Donor Site Dressing in Burn Patients, Indian J Surg, 77 (Suppl 2) (2015) 427-31.
- H. Salehi, M.J. Fatemih, K. Aśadi, S. Shoar, A. Der Ghazarian, R. Samimi, Electrical injury in construction workers: a special focus on injury with electrical power, Burns, 40(2) (2014) 300-4.
- Z. Nazardani, et al., A comprehensive evaluation of the Sports Physiotherapy curriculum. Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2(1), (2023), 10-16
- S.H. Abadi, et al., Depression, stress and anxiety of nurses in COVID-19 pandemic in Nohe-Dey Hospital in Torbat-e-Heydariyeh city, Iran. J of Military Med.; 22 (6) (2020) 526-33.
- A. Helmy, et al., The COVID-19 pandemic: a comprehensive review of taxonomy, genetics, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and control. Journal of Clinical Medicine.;9(4) (2020)1225.