Document Type : Review Article
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
ntroduction: Due to the fact that orthopedic surgeries have increased a lot in recent years and some of these patients undergo surgery under G/anesthesia, the shivering possibility after surgery has increased in them. Therefore, it is necessary to take preventive measures; this study was conducted as a systematic review to investigate the safety and effectiveness of two drugs, ondanestreon and meperidine, in preventing shivering after anesthesia in patients who are candidates for orthopedic surgeries.
Methodology: This research is a systematic review based on the PRIZMA guidelines in 2022 by searching the keywords ondansetron, meperidine, prevention, chills, orthopedics, and general anesthesia in all databases that publish medical articles without restrictions.
Results: The average number of minutes of zero shivering score in all patients who were fully treated before the 10th minute in the two groups was in the 7th minute and earlier in the meperidine group than in the ondansetron group and was significantly different. 29% in the ondansetron group and 31% in the meperidine group did not reach zero score at the 10th minute, and there was a need to re-inject the drug to control shivering.
Conclusion: Although ondansetron is effective in the shivering treatment after general anesthesia, its strength and speed are weaker compared to meperidine. Therefore, the results of this study could not prove that ondansetron has different efficacy and safety compared to ondansetron or vice versa.
- M. Haghdoost, M.K. Gol. The Necessity of Paying More Attention to the Neurological and Psychological Problems Caused by COVID-19 Pandemic During Pregnancy. International Journal of Women’s Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 8(3) (2020) 243-44.
- K. Gol, F. Jabarzade, V. Zamanzadeh. Cultural competence among senior nursing students of medical universities in north-west Iran., 15 (8) (2017) 612-619.
- K. Gol, A. Davoud. Checklist for Determining Severity of Pain and Type and Dosage of Analgesics Administered to Women s Patient Undergoing Breast Surgeries. International Journal of Women’s Health and Reproduction Sciences., 8(2) (2020) 227-31.
- K. Gol, N. Mobaraki-Asl, Z. Ghavami, M. Zharfi, A. Mehdinavaz Aghdam. Sexual violence against mastectomy women improved from breast cancer. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility.; 22(5) (2019) 52-60.
- H. Abdollahi, K. Foruzan-Nia, M. Behjati, B. Bagheri, M Khanbabayi-Gol, et al. The effect of preoperative intravenous paracetamol administration on postoperative fever in pediatrics cardiac surgery. Nigerian Medical Journal: Journal of the Nigeria Medical Association.; 55(5) (2014) 379.
- Nazari, L. Amani, L. Ghaderi, M.K. Gol. Effects of probiotics on prevalence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in multitrauma patients hospitalized in neurosurgical intensive care unit: a randomized clinical trial. Trauma Monthly.; 25(6) (2020) 262-268.
- Eghdam-Zamiri, M.K. Gol. Effects of ginger capsule on treatment of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cisplatin undergoing mastectomy: a randomized clinical trial. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility.;22(11) (2020) 15-21.
- Soleimanpour, S. Safari, S. Sanaie, M. Nazari, S.M. Alavian. Anesthetic considerations in patients undergoing bariatric surgery: A review article. Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.; 7(4) (2017) e57568
- Alvandfar, H.M. Anvari, M. Nazari. Frequency of deep vein thrombosis in women over 40 years old with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy referred to tabriz chemotherapy clinics in 2018. Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility.; 22(11) (2020) 8-14.
- Sahhaf, M. Nazari, A. Dorosti. Effect of eight weeks intermittent exercise training on oxidative stress indices in women with preterm labor after coronary artery bypass graft surgery (Cabg): Randomized clinical trial. Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility., 23(3) (2020) 1-8
- Nurmeksela, et al., Relationships between nursing management, nurses’ job satisfaction, patient satisfaction, and medication errors at the unit Level: A correlational study. Research Square; 1(1) (2020) 1-22.
- A.R. Ghahroudi, A.R. Rokn, A.R. Shamshiri, N. Samiei, Does timing of implant placement affect esthetic results in single-tooth implants? A cohort evaluation based on Mpes, Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, 32(7) (2020) 715-725
- R. Hosseini Khalili, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme genotype and late respiratory complications of mustard gas exposure. BMC Pulm Med.; 8(1) (2008) 15.
- Mahmoodiyeh, S. Etemadi, A. Kamali, S. Rajabi, M. Milanifard, Evaluating the Effect of Different Types of Anesthesia on Intraoperative Blood Glucose Levels in Diabetics and Non-Diabetics Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology, (2021) 2559–2572
- Shakiba, et al., Medical Workplace Civility Watch: An Attempt to Improve the Medical Training Culture, Journal of Iranian Medical Council, 5 (1) (2022) 227-228
- H. Birman, Investigation of the Effects of Covid-19 on Different Organs of the Body, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2 (1) (2023) 24-36
- Karimzadeh, et al., Comparative evaluation of bacterial colonization on removable dental prostheses in patients with COVID-19: A clinical study, The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, (2021) 1-3
- Najafi, et al., The Relationship between General Health and Quality of Work Life of Nurses Working in Zahedan Teaching Hospitals. Iranian J of Rehabilitation Research in Nursing; 4(2) (2018) 53-9.
- Danesh, A. Bahmani, F. Moradi, B. Shirazipour, M. Milani Fard, Pharmacological Evaluation of Covid 19 Vaccine in Acute and Chronic Inflammatory Neuropathies, Journal of Medicinal and Chemical Sciences, 5(4) (2022) 561-570
- Daneste, A. Sadeghzadeh, M. Mokhtari, H. Mohammadkhani, F. Lavaee, J. Moayedi, Immunoexpression of p53 mutant-type in Iranian patients with primary and recurrence oral squamous cell carcinoma. European Journal of Translational Myology, (2022)
- Jahandideh, A. Yarahmadi, S. Rajaieh, A.O. Shirazi, M. Milanifard, et al., Cone-beam computed tomography guidance in functional endoscopic sinus surgery: a retrospective cohort study, J Pharm Ree Int, 31(6) (2020) 1-7
- Kalantari, et al., Determination of COVID-19 prevalence with regards to age range of patients referring to the hospitals located in western Tehran, Iran. Gene reports.; 21 (2020) 100910.
- Tahernia, et al., Diagnosis and Treatment of MS in Patients Suffering from Various Degrees of the Disease with a Clinical Approach: The Original Article, Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 13 (1) (2022) 1908-1921
- Karampela, M. Dalamaga, Could Respiratory Fluoroquinolones, Levofloxacin and Moxifloxacin, prove to be Beneficial as an Adjunct Treatment in COVID-19? Archives of medical research., 51(7) (2020)741-2.
- P. Montani, V.B. Vliet. General physiology and pathophysiology of the renin-angiotensin system. Angiotensin Vol. I: Springer., (2004) 3-29.
- Goyal, et al., Fear of COVID 2019: First suicidal case in India! Asian J of psychiatry., 49 (2020) 101989.
- Sadati, A. Askarkhah, S. Hannani, M. Moazamfard, M. Abedinzade, P.M. Alinejad, N. Saraf, A. Arabkhazaei, Assessment of staff performance in cssd unit by 360-degree evaluation method, Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 15(4) (2020) 71-77
- Aminzadeh, et al., The Frequency of Medication Errors and Factors Influencing the Lack of Reporting Medication Errors in Nursing at Teaching Hospital of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, 2012. J of Health., 6(2) (2015)169-79.
- Barzideh, A. Choobineh, S Tabatabaei. Job stress dimensions and their relationship to general health status in nurses. Occupational Medicine., 4(3) (2012) 17-27.
- Milanifard, G. Hassanzadeha, Anthropometric study of nasal index in Hausa ethnic population of northwestern Nigeria, J Contemp Med Sci, 4(1) (2018) 26-29
- Mileski, et al., The impact of nurse practitioners on hospitalizations and discharges from long-term nursing facilities: a systematic review. Healthcare; 8(2) (2020) 114-34.
- G.S. Borba, et al. Effect of high vs low doses of chloroquine diphosphate as adjunctive therapy for patients hospitalized with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA network open.;3(4) (2020) e208857-e.
- J. Gadlage, et al., Murine hepatitis virus nonstructural protein 4 regulates virus-induced membrane modifications and replication complex function. J Virol., 84(1) (2010) 280-90.
- M. Fard, Effects of Micronutrients in Improving Fatigue, Weakness and Irritability, GMJ Med., 5 (1) (2021) 391 395
- Alrabadi, et al. Medication errors: a focus on nursing practice. J of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research., 12 (1) (2021) 78-86.
- Asadi, et al., Investigating the Relationship Between Corona Anxiety and Nursing Care Behaviors Working in Coronary Referral Hospitals. IJPCP., 26(3) (2020) 306-19.
- Shahkarami, M. Nazari, M. Milanifard, R. Tavakolimoghadam, A. Bahmani, The assessment of iron deficiency biomarkers in both anemic and non-anemic dialysis patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Eurasian Chemical Communications., 4(6) 463-472
- Zaimzadeh, et al., Comparison of vitamin D dietary intake among four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome and its association with serum androgenic components, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25(2) (2018) 87-96
- Zaimzadeh, et al., The study of dietary intake of micronutrients in four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome separately based on Rotterdam criteria, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25(3) (2018) 59-68
- Azizi Aram, S. Bashar poor, The role of rumination, emotion regulation and responsiveness to stress in predicting of Corona anxiety (COVID-19) among nurses. Quarterly J of Nursing Management; 9(3) (2020) 8-18.
- S.H. Abadi, et al., Depression, stress and anxiety of nurses in COVID-19 pandemic in Nohe-Dey Hospital in Torbat-e-Heydariyeh city, Iran. J of Military Med., 22 (6) (2020) 526-33.
- S Khosravaniardakani, The Effect of Cigarette and Its Nicotine Content on The Heart Health, International Journal of New Chemistry 9 (Spring Special), (2022) 102-107
- AA Esmaeilzadeh, M Kashian, HM Salman, MF Alsaffar, et al., Identify Biomarkers and Design Effective Multi-Target Drugs in Ovarian Cancer: Hit Network-Target Sets Model Optimizing, Biology, 11 (12) (2022) 1851
- AA Esmaeilzadeh, Mohammad Ghenaat, Pisheh Sanani, et al., Study of Silybinin Plant Effective Substance for use in targeted liposomal nanoparticles in the treatment of liver cancer, Archives of Pharmacy Practice, 11 (1) (2020) 35
- T Motamedi, H Alizadeh Otaghvar, MJ Motamedi., Investigating the Causes of Re-Laparotomy Surgery in the Field of Gastrointestinal Cancer in Patients Referred to Rasul Akram (PBUH) Educational and Therapeutic Complex During the Years 2011-2016, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2(1), (2023), 34-46
- Mahmoodi, et al., General health and related factors in employed nurses in Medical-Educational Centers in Rasht. JHNM., 25 (1) (2015) 63-72.
- H. Salehi, K. As'adi, S.J. Mousavi, S. Shoar, Evaluation of Amniotic Membrane Effectiveness in Skin Graft Donor Site Dressing in Burn Patients, Indian J Surg, 77(Suppl 2) (2015) 427-31.
- AA Esmaeilzadeh, S Rasoolzadegan, AR Arabi, et al., Cytotoxic study of green synthesized pure and Ag-doped α-Fe2O3 nanoparticles on breast cancer (MCF-7) cell line, Problems and Radiological and Cardiac Evaluations in Patients Affected by Covid-19, NeuroQuantology, 20 (8) (2022) 1519- 1527
- S Khosravaniardakani, DO Bokov, T Mahmudiono, SS Hashemi, N Nikrad, et alNanomedicine Research Journal, 7 (4) 2022 370-377
- A. Helmy, et al., The COVID-19 pandemic: a comprehensive review of taxonomy, genetics, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and control. Journal of Clinical Medicine.; 9(4) (2020) 1225.
- H. Salehi, M.J. Fatemih, K. Aśadi, S. Shoar, A. Der Ghazarian, R. Samimi, Electrical injury in construction workers: a special focus on injury with electrical power, Burns, 40(2) (2014) 300-4.
- E. Ahmadi, M. Farzanehpour, A.M.M. Fard, M.M. Fard, H.E.G. Ghaleh, Succinct review on biological and clinical aspects of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Romanian Journal of Military Medicine, (2022) 356-365
- E Ghaibi, et al., Comparison of Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Job Creativity between Male and Men's Education Personnel 1 Ahwaz, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 1(2), 2022, 49-57
- Malekpour-Dehkordi, M. Nourbakhsh, M. Shahidi, N. Sarraf, R. Sharifi. Silymarin diminishes oleic acid-induced lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells by modulating the expression of endoplasmic reticulum stress markers. Journal of Herbal Medicine.; 33 (2022) 100565.