Document Type : Original Research Article
Assistant Professor of Spine Surgery, Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Associate Professor of Orthopaedics, Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine,Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Introduction: Recently, the use of knee braces in the elderly to increase the electrical range and activity of knee has become widespread, but the results have not been gathered in one study to determine its effects. Therefore, the present study was conducted with the aim of the effect of knee brace (as a non-chemical treatment) on the electrical activity range of the lower limb muscles during walking in a systematic way.
Methodology: In this systematic review, keywords such as knee brace, electromyography, elderly, and walking with the help of Boolean operators in English and Persian databases Iranmedex, SID, Magiran, MEDLINE, SCOPUS, Science Direct, PUBMED, Cochrane Library, Google Scholar, EMBASE, and Proquestand Ebsco/CINAHL were searched.
Results: In this review, 4 articles were included in the study. A total of 87 people were investigated and the period of publication of articles varied from 2010 to 2022. The results of all articles indicated that the use of a knee brace leads to an improvement in the functional state of the knee, an increase in the strength of the biceps biathlon muscles, and an increase in electrical activity and the quality of walking.
Conclusion: The use of braces is effective in improving muscle activity in the elderly during different sub phases of walking. This is applied to both men and women. Despite this, more research is needed to prove this issue as well as possible.
- A Elmi, AR Rohani, A Tabrizi, SM Esmaili. Comparison of outcome of femoral shaft fracture fixation with intramedullary nail in elderly patient and patients younger than 60 years old. Archives of Bone and Joint Surgery.; 2(2) (2014) 103-105.
- A Nurmeksela, et al., Relationships between nursing management, nurses’ job satisfaction, patient satisfaction, and medication errors at the unit Level: A correlational study. Research Square; 1 (1) (2020) 1-22.
- A Rouhani, A Tabrizi, A Elmi, N Abedini, FM Tolouei. Effects of preoperative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on pain mitigation and patients' shoulder performance following rotator cuff repair. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin.;4(4) (2014) 363-367.
- Aghababai beni, H. Jabbari, nanomaterials for enviromental applications, results in engineering., 15 (2022) 100467
- Rezapour, N. Qaderi, S. Golalipour, et al., Comparison of the Adhesion Rate of Implant Cemented Coatings with 3 Types of Glass Ionomer Cement, Zinc Phosphate and Resin on Blinds Made of Adhesive Composite after Thermal Stress, Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, (2022) 3304-3316
- Zeidani, N. Qaderi, S. Akbari Zavieh, S. Golalipour, M. Golmohammadi, Cardiovascular outcomes and Dental careof COVID-19: a systematic review and met analysis, Neuro Quantology, 20(8) (2022) 3060-3066
- F. Mirhosseini, H. Jabbari, A. Nouralishahi, Z. Bahman, et al., Ag-ZnO nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, antibacterial activity on S. mutans, along with cytotoxic effect on U87 cell line, Nanomedicine Research Journal., 7(3) (2022) 254-263
- F.M Saliminasab, H. jabbari, H. Farahmand, M. Asadi, et al., Study of antibacterial performance of synthesized silver nanoparticles on Streptococcus mutans bacteria, Nanomed Res J., 7(4) (2022) 391-396
- G.E. UnRu Liu, H. jabbari, M.M. Kadhim, M.J. Ansarie, Design organic material with acceptor-π-donor configuration for high performance solar cells, Computational and Theoretical Chemistry., 1212 (2022)113729
- R. Hosseini Khalili, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme genotype and late respiratory complications of mustard gas exposure. BMC Pulm Med., 8(1) (2008)15.
- Nazari, M.Z. Esfahlani, A. Dorosti, F. Mirzaei. Prevalence and risk factors for low back pain in primiparous women visiting maternity hospitals during different months of pregnancy. International Journal of Women's Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 8(4) (2020) 401-405
- Shakiba, et al., Medical Workplace Civility Watch: An Attempt to Improve the Medical Training Culture, Journal of Iranian Medical Council, 5 (1) (2022) 227-228
- D. Spinner, et al., Effect of remdesivir vs standard care on clinical status at 11 days in patients with moderate COVID-19: a randomized clinical trial. Jama.; 324(11) (2020) 1048-57.
- Ghaibi, et al., Comparison of Marital Satisfaction, Emotional Divorce and Religious Commitment among Nurses and Staff of Ahvaz Government Hospitals, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 1(1) (2022) 33-39
- Ghaibi, et al., Comparison of Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Job Creativity between Male and Men's Education Personnel 1 Ahwaz, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 1(2) (2022), 49-57
- F Karimzadeh, et al., Comparative evaluation of bacterial colonization on removable dental prostheses in patients with COVID-19: A clinical study, The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, (2021) 1-3
- F Najafi, et al., The Relationship between General Health and Quality of Work Life of Nurses Working in Zahedan Teaching Hospitals. Iranian J of Rehabilitation Research in Nursing.,; 4 (2) (2018) 53-9.
- Soufi, A. Nouralishahi, K. Vakili, A. Salimi, B. Lucke-Wold, F. Mousavi, S. Mohammadzadehsaliani, Sh. Khanzadeh, The Diagnostic Value of Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio as an Effective Biomarker for Eye Disorders: A Meta-Analysis, BioMed Research International, 2022 (2022)
- A.Z. Shahla Abbasi, A. İlhan, H. jabbari, P. Javidzade, et al., Cytotoxicity evaluation of synthesized silver nanoparticles by a Green method against ovarian cancer cell lines, Nanomedicine Research Journal., 7 (2) (2022) 156-164
- H Alizadeh Otaghvar, S Moghaddam, A Molaei, et al., Pharmacological and Medical Effect of Modified Skin Grafting Method in Patients with Chronic and Severe Neck Burns, Journal of Medicinal and Chemical Sciences, (2021) 369-375
- H Ashayeri, R Mohseni, Z Khazaie, S Golalipour, ZA Bondarabadi, Systematic Investigation of the Occurrence of Dental Problems, Cardiopulmonary Injuries and Duration of Hospitalization in ICU in Patients Affected by Covid-19 and Intubation in them, Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS), (2022) 2124-2146
- H Daneste; A Sadeghzadeh; M Mokhtari; H Mohammadkhani; F Lavaee; J Moayedi; Immunoexpression of p53 mutant-type in Iranian patients with primary and recurrence oral squamous cell carcinoma. European Journal of Translational Myology, (2022),
- H Reshadi, A Rouhani, S Mohajerzadeh, M Moosa, A Elmi. Prevalence of malignant soft tissue tumors in extremities: An epidemiological study in Syria. Archives of Bone and Joint Surgery.; 2(2) (2014)106-110.
- Ghian, N. Noroozi, H. Jabbari, Using of ozonation method for filtertion of mineral water, Communications In Catalysis., 1 (1) (2018) 20-31
- Jabbari, J. Khalafy, P. Najafi Moghadam, Synthesis of neopentyl glycol and ethylene glycol esters by fatty acids in the presence of acidic ion exchange resin catalyst, Quarterly Journal of Iranian Chemical Communication., 3 (2015) 180-282
- Jabbari, N. Noroozi Pesyan, Production of biodiesel from jatropha curcas oil using solid heterogeneous acid catalyst, Asian Journal of Green Chemistry., 1 (1) (2017) 16-23
- Jabbari, R. Shendabadizad, GC-MS analysis of essential oils of Humulusn lupulus, Malva Sylvestris and Thymus plants in water solvent, Journal of Advanced Pharmacy Education & Research., 10 (S4) (2020)
- Jabbari, Selective Anomeric Deacetylation of Per-Acetylated Carbohydrates Using (i-Pr) 3Sn (OEt) and Synthesis of New Derivatives, Journal of Molecular Biology Research., 10 (1) (2020) 166-166
- Jabbari, Synthesis and Evaluation of New Derivatives of Busulfan as an Anticarcinogenic Drug against k562 Cancer Cells Using the AO / PI Method, The Open Medicinal Chemistry Journal., 15 (2022)
- Jabbari, Synthesis of carbohydrate esters and investigation reaction of Phosphoryl chloride from anomeric position of per-acetylated carbohydrates, Arch. Pharm. Pract., 1 (2020) 71-75
- Jabbari, Synthesis of Neopenthylglycolesters using homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts as synthetic lubricant base oils, Communications In Catalysis., 1 (1) (2018) 11-19
- Jabbari, Synthesis of polyol esters by p-toluenesulfonic acid catalyst as synthetic lubricant oils, Asian Journal of Green Chemistry., 1 (2017) 41-45
- Kalantari, et al., Determination of COVID-19 prevalence with regards to age range of patients referring to the hospitals located in western Tehran, Iran. Gene reports.; 21 (2020) 100910.
- Kheradjoo, A. Nouralishahi, M.S. Hoseinzade Firozabdi, S. Mohammadzadehsaliani, Mesenchymal stem/stromal (MSCs)-derived exosome inhibits retinoblastoma Y-79 cell line proliferation and induces their apoptosis, Nanomedicine Research Journal, 7(3) (2022) 264-269
- Mahmoudi, A. Nouralishahi, S. Mohammadzadehsaliani, Stem cell-derived nano-scale vesicles promotes the proliferation of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) by activation PI3K/Akt and ERK pathway, Nanomedicine Research Journal, 7(3) (2022) 288-293
- Mirfakhraee, S. Golalipour, F. Ensafi, A. Ensafi, S. Hajisadeghi, Survival rate of Maxillary and Mandibular Implants used to Support Complete-arch Fixed Prostheses & Investigation of internal and Neurological manifestations, NeuroQuantology, 20(6) (2022) 5118-5126
- Mirfakhraee; et al., Survival rate of Maxillary and Mandibular Implants used to Support Complete-arch Fixed Prostheses & Investigation of internal and Neurological manifestations, Neuro Quantology, 20(6) (2022) 5118-5126.
- Tahernia, et al., Diagnosis and Treatment of MS in Patients Suffering from Various Degrees of the Disease with a Clinical Approach: The Original Article, Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 13 (1) (2022) 1908-1921
- A. Otaghvar, R. Rezapour-Nasrabad, M.A. Ebrahimzadeh, M. Yaghoubi, et al., The effects of Feijoa sellowiana fruit extract on wound healing in rats: a stereological and molecular study, Journal of Wound Care, 31 (Sup8) (2022) S36-S44
- Karampela, M. Dalamaga, Could Respiratory Fluoroquinolones, Levofloxacin and Moxifloxacin, prove to be Beneficial as an Adjunct Treatment in COVID-19? Archives of medical research.;51(7) (2020)741-2.
- K Shahsavarinia, A Gharekhani, Z Mousavi, S Aminzadeh, P. Jalali, Diagnostic value of red blood cell distribution width in patients with organophosphate poisoning in emergency department of Sina hospital in 2019. J Clin Images Med Case Rep.;3(2) (2022)1634.
- Komlakh, N.M. Kabir, M.Z. Esfahlani, S. Sadeghi, M. Zarei. Designing a Guideline for Elective and Emergency Spinal Cord Surgeries During the COVID-19 pandemic. Trauma Monthly.; 27 (2020)1-7.
- Sadati, , Z.N. Khanegah, , N.S. Shahri, , F. Edalat. Postoperative pain experienced by the candidates for gynecological surgery with lithotomy position, Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility, 2022, 24(12) () 29-34
- M Abbasi, Afrooz Nakhostin, Fatemeh Namdar, Nasim Chiniforush, Masomeh Hasani Tabatabaei, The Rate of Demineralization in the Teeth Prepared by Bur and Er: YAG Laser, J Lasers Med Sci, Spring;9(2) (2018) 82-86.
- M Aminzadeh, et al., The Frequency of Medication Errors and Factors Influencing the Lack of Reporting Medication Errors in Nursing at Teaching Hospital of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, 2012. J of Health; 6 (2) (2015) 169-79.
- M Barzideh, A Choobineh, Tabatabaei S. Job stress dimensions and their relationship to general health status in nurses. Occupational Medicine; 4 (3) (2012) 17-27.
- M Mileski, et al., The impact of nurse practitioners on hospitalizations and discharges from long-term nursing facilities: a systematic review. Healthcare; 8 (2) (2020) 114-34.
- M Yavari, SE Hassanpour, HA Otaghvar, HA Abdolrazaghi, AR Farhoud, The incidence of ossified superior transverse scapular ligament during nerve transfer through posterior shoulder approach, Archives of Bone and Joint Surgery, , 7 (3) (2019) 258
- Dehghani, M. Malek Abadi, A.A. Jafarnezhadgero, Effect of Knee Brace on the Electric Activity of Selected Lower Limb Muscles during Walking in Older Adults. Scientific Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine.; 11(1) (2022) 14-27.
- Shirvani, F. Soufi, A. Nouralishahi, K. Vakili, A. Salimi, B. Lucke-Wold, F. Mousavi, S. Mohammadzadehsaliani, Sh. Khanzadeh, The Diagnostic Value of Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio as an Effective Biomarker for Eye Disorders: A Meta-Analysis, BioMed Research International, 2022, Article ID 5744008
- Shirvani, F. Soufi, A. Nouralishahi, K. Vakili, A. Salimi, Brandon Lucke-Wold, Farideh Mousavi, Saman Mohammadzadehsaliani, Shokoufeh Khanzadeh, The Diagnostic Value of Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio as an Effective Biomarker for Eye Disorders: A Meta-Analysis, BioMed Research International, , (2022)
- K. Gol, A. Davoud. Checklist for Determining Severity of Pain and Type and Dosage of Analgesics Administered to Women s Patient Undergoing Breast Surgeries. International Journal of Women’s Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 8(2) (2020) 227-31.
- MJ Gadlage, et al., Murine hepatitis virus nonstructural protein 4 regulates virus-induced membrane modifications and replication complex function. J Virol,. 84(1) (2010)280-90.
- MK Gol, A Dorosti, M Montazer. Design and psychometrics cultural competence questionnaire for health promotion of Iranian nurses. Journal of education and health promotion., 8 (2019)
- Alrabadi, et al. Medication errors: a focus on nursing practice. J of Pharmaceutical Health Services., 12 (1) (2021) 78-86.
- Asadi, et al., Investigating the Relationship Between Corona Anxiety and Nursing Care Behaviors Working in Coronary Referral Hospitals. IJPCP., 26(3) (2020) 306-19.
- Forghani, Z. Jalali, H. Ayramlou, P. Jalali. Fulminant Guillain-Barre syndrome associated with SARS-CoV-2: A case series. J Clin Images Med Case Rep., 3(1) (2022)1626.
- Mobaraki-Asl, Z. Ghavami, M.K. Gol. Development and validation of a cultural competence questionnaire for health promotion of Iranian midwives. Journal of Education and Health Promotion.; 8 (2019) 179.
- Shahidi, F. Mahdavi, M.K. Gol. Comparison of emotional intelligence, body image, and quality of life between rhinoplasty candidates and control group. Journal of Education and Health Promotion.; 9 (2020) 153.
- Zaimzadeh, et al., Comparison of vitamin D dietary intake among four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome and its association with serum androgenic components, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25 (2) (2018) 87-96
- Zaimzadeh, et al., The study of dietary intake of micronutrients in four phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome separately based on Rotterdam criteria, Razi Journal of Medical Sciences, 25 (3) (2018) 59-68
- Azhough, P. Jalali, S.E.J. Golzari et al., Pilonidal Sinus Surgery with Mechanical Drilling Technique. Indian J Surg., 82 (2020) 824–827.
- Azhough, Y. Azari, S. Taher, P. Jalali. Endoscopic pilonidal sinus treatment: a minimally invasive surgical technique. Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery.; 14(3) (2021) 458-63.
- L. Graham, et al., The nsp2 replicas’ proteins of murine hepatitis virus and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus are dispensable for viral replication. J Virol,. 79(21) (2005)13399-411.
- RN Kirchdoerfer, et al., Structure of the SARS-CoV nsp12 polymerase bound to nsp7 and nsp8 co-factors. Nat Common, 10(1) (2019)2342.
- S Azizi Aram, S Bashar poor, the role of rumination, emotion regulation and responsiveness to stress in predicting of Corona anxiety (COVID-19) among nurses. Quarterly J of Nursing Management; 9 (3) (2020) 8-18.
- S Golalipour, et al., Examination of Dental Problems and Radiological and Cardiac Evaluations in Patients Affected by Covid-19, NeuroQuantology, , 20 (8) (2022) 1519- 1527
- S Hariri, S Golalipour, et al., Examining the Fracture Strength of Implant-based Fixed Partial Prostheses with Different Dimensions of Connectors in the System CAM/CAD/Zir, Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS), (2022), 2310-2329
- S Mahmoodi, et al., General health and related factors in employed nurses in Medical-Educational Centers in Rasht. JHNM; 25 (1) (2015) 63-72.
- S Musaei, The Effect of Pregnancy on the Skin, Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, , 2 (1) (2023) 17-23
- Charsouei, M.Z. Esfahlani, A. Dorosti, R.E. Zamiri. Effects of COVID-19 pandemic on perceived stress, quality of life, and coping strategies of women with breast cancer with spinal metastasis under chemotherapy. International Journal of Women's Health and Reproduction Sciences.; 9(1) (2021) 55-60.
- Eskandar, P. Jalali. Relationship between patent foramen ovale and COVID-19 in patients admitted to an intensive care unit. Revista espanola de cardiologia (English ed.), 74(8) (2020) 725–726.
- Khosravaniardakani, D.O. Bokov, T. Mahmudiono, S.S. Hashemi, N. Nikrad, Obesity accelerates leukocyte telomere length shortening in apparently healthy adults: a meta-analysis, Frontiers in nutrition., (2022)
- Khosravaniardakani, M.H. Anbardar, S. Khodamoradi, S. Peyravi, Epidemiological and Pathological Characteristics of Renal Cell Carcinoma with Outcome Evaluation: A Single Center Study from Shiraz, Iran, International Journal of Medical Investigation., 11 (2) (2022)
- Khosravaniardakani, The Effect of Cigarette and Its Nicotine Content on The Heart Health, International Journal of New Chemistry., 9 (2022) 102-107
- Khosravaniardakani, Vaping Products and Asthma in Youths: A Review of The Prospective Study, International Journal of Medical Investigation., 11 (2022)
- Mohammadi-Aghdam, H. Jabbari, O. Pouralimardan, F. Divsar, I. Amini, et al., One-pot synthesis of highly regioselective β-azido alcohols catalyzed by Brønsted acidic ionic liquids, Quarterly Journal of Iranian Chemical Communication., 7 (2019) 1-89
- Mohammadzadeh saliani, N. Kargar Dehnavi, A. Nouralishahi, Photorefractive keratectomy in Hyperopia: Refractive outcomes and Patients’ satisfaction Queratectomía fotorrefractiva en hipermetropía: Resultados refractivos y satisfacción de los pacientes, Academic Journal of Health Science, 38 (2023) 121-124
- Yazdani, H. Azadeh, M.T. Karimi. Effects of the New Type of Knee Orthosis on EMG Activity of Knee Extensor and Flexor Muscles in People with Knee Osteoarthritis during Walking. Scientific Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine., 8(1) (2019) 22-30.
- A. Ahadiat, M. Shirazinia, S. Shirazinia, S. Garousi, M. Mottahedi, AB. Jalali, et al., Role of Telemedicine in Management of Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Kindle., 2 (1) (2022) 1-191
- H Salehi, K As'adi, S.J Mousavi, S Shoar, Evaluation of Amniotic Membrane Effectiveness in Skin Graft Donor Site Dressing in Burn Patients, Indian J Surg, Dec;77 (2015)427-31.
- Z. Nazardani, et al., A comprehensive evaluation of the Sports Physiotherapy curriculum. Eurasian Journal of Chemical, Medicinal and Petroleum Research, 2(1) (2023) 10-16
- Schmalz, E. Knopf, H. Drewitz, S. Blumentritt. Analysis of biomechanical effectiveness of valgus-inducing knee brace for osteoarthritis of knee. J Rehabil Res Dev., 47(5) (2010) 419–30.
- S.H. Abadi, et al., Depression, stress and anxiety of nurses in COVID-19 pandemic in Nohe-Dey Hospital in Torbat-e-Heydariyeh city, Iran. J of Military Med., 22 (6) (2020) 526-33.
- A. Helmy, et al., The COVID-19 pandemic: a comprehensive review of taxonomy, genetics, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and control. Journal of Clinical Medicine., 9 (4) (2020) 1225.